From Langhorne, Pennsylvania, USA:

My son, diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about six weeks ago, is still in his honeymoon and gets he gets 1 unit of NPH in a morning and 1 unit of NPH before bedtime. However, sometimes his sugar goes a little bit high (lower 200s mg/dl [11.1 mmol/L] with no ketones), and I think I might be giving him too much food. What amount of carb does he need every time he eats?

It is very important that you receive detailed and personalised information about the quality and quantity of food that your son should have from a Registered Dietitian. It is inappropriate for us to provide such detail. Please speak to your diabetes team.