Question:

From Titusville, Pennsylvania, USA:

The Deltec CoZmo insulin pump has recently received FDA approval, but not many people that I have talked to know much about it. I am currently using a different pump and will be able to get a new pump soon. I have looked at CoZmo on-line, and the features are great, but when it comes down to it, reliability and navigation ease are the most important. Would you recommend this pump?

Answer:

Deltec has been in the infusion pump business for many years and decided to enter the diabetes market about four years ago. A lot of care and thought have gone into the pump design with input from Certified Diabetes Educators, physicians, and consumers, so I believe it will be a good product.

An insulin pump allows you to maximize your control, provided that you understand the features and how to use them appropriately. No one can decide for you which pump you should purchase. I suggest that you explore all your options by contacting the insulin pump manufacturers and request a demo of each of the available pumps (which would be done by the sales representatives). You will then be able to decide which is best for you and meets your lifestyle needs.

SS

Posted to Insulin Pumps