From Balmertown, Ontario, Canada:

I was wondering if you had any information as to when or if the GlucoWatch will be available in Canada for children.

The best way to find out what marketing plans are for the GlucoWatch in Canada would be to contact Cygnus directly. In all probability, you could order it directly if you had a prescription.

However, you should know that there have been problems with calibrating the GlucoWatch I in children, and you should perhaps wait for the GlucoWatch II [which was recently approved in the US], which also has a shorter equilibration period. The device is quite expensive and for a variety of reasons may not be ideal for consistent use. You should talk to the diabetes doctor about this.