From Singapore:

My mum-in-law had her big toe amputated two months ago, now the second and third toe are dead caused by gangrene, and the fourth toe is very sore and painful. The MRI shows that the blood supply to her feet is very poor so doctors are suggesting further amputation to stop the gangrene from spreading and ballooning the blocked arteries to have better blood supply to the feet.

She is currently at home on medication and daily dressings for the open wound and is sometimes in great pain because of the gangrene. I have been trying to persuade her to go for the operation, but she is currently seeking treatment from a reflexologist who claimed that the foot and the gangrene can be cured by massaging and taking sun-chorella (supplements). I disagree and trying to get second opinion on what is the best option now so that my mum do not have to prolong her suffering. Her diabetes is under control now.

I agree with you about your mother-in-law's condition. Delay in seeking medical treatment of the gangrene has the potential to kill her. I would recommend immediate therapy by a trained physician.

[Editor's comment: See A Close Look at Reflexology by Stephen Barrett, M.D. at Quackwatch. He states: "Reflexology is based on an absurd theory and has not been demonstrated to influence the course of any illness." WWQ]