From Eupora, Mississippi, USA:

I have type 1 diabetes, and a few weeks ago, I went to the doctor because I had some infected blisters which he said was a staph Infection. He put me on some antibiotics, and while those have cleared up, I now have two more sores. Is this common in people with diabetes? Will I just keep having them?

Some staph infections can spread over the skin as a result of contamination or spread. This happens whether or not you have diabetes. If your blood sugars are well controlled, there is some minimal additional risk from the diabetes. If not, and your sugars are higher than desired, there may be some additional issues of eliminating the bacterium causing the infection.