From Marianna, Florida, USA:

About a week ago, my doctor put me on a new diabetes medication, and if my morning finger sticks are any indicator, it's doing its the job.Then, I got a letter from my doctor saying an appointment has been made for me about a week from now because my hemoglobin A1c was abnormal, but I have already discussed my A1c with my doctor, so I'm confused. What else does an A1c measure? My Hba1c was high because a medication I was switched to about six months ago, apparently wasn't doing the job.

I must also tell you my file could not be located when i went to the doctor so he just called the lab to get the results. I fear when my lab results finally were found, someone, not realizing I've already been in, hit the panic button and sent the letter. My schedule is problematic so I may not be able to get in touch with the doctor until the day of the appointment. I don't want to go if this is some clerical snafu!

These are very good questions that only your doctor can answer. I suggest you call the office and ask to speak to him about this.

[Editor's comment: I'd just call the office, cancel the appointment, and leave a message with what you've told us, even if you can't speak with the doctor directly. SS]