Question:

From San Diego, California, USA:

I switched from Regular insulin to Humalog several months ago and still have several unopened, unexpired vials of Regular in my refrigerator, and my neighbor has several vials of 70/30, also unopened and unexpired. Is there any place we can donate this insulin to people who have trouble paying for their supplies?

Answer:

Bring them to your regular diabetes team who can distribute them to those in need.

[Editor's comment: You might also try contacting your local American Diabetes Association affiliate. SS]