From Petal, Mississippi, USA:

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes four months ago, and about a month ago, she started taking 10 units Lantus at night with about 5 units of NovoLog before each meal. Is my daughter still in the honeymoon phase? If so, when will we know it has ended?

The honeymoon period has ended when the amount of insulin your child is requiring dramatically increases. The honeymoon can last from a few weeks to a few years. There is not a reliable test or criteria to use that signals the end of the honeymoon.

Posted to Honeymoon