Question:

From Petal, Mississippi, USA:

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes four months ago, and about a month ago, she started taking 10 units Lantus at night with about 5 units of NovoLog before each meal. Is my daughter still in the honeymoon phase? If so, when will we know it has ended?

Answer:

The honeymoon period has ended when the amount of insulin your child is requiring dramatically increases. The honeymoon can last from a few weeks to a few years. There is not a reliable test or criteria to use that signals the end of the honeymoon.

DTQ-20021010175811A
Posted to Honeymoon