Question:

From Ontario, Canada:

I recently had a nasty fall in the morning, and for comfort I spoiled myself with a lunch consisting of two pieces of fried chicken, fries, an orange drink and macaroni salad. I assumed that my blood sugar would be elevated, but I was flabbergasted that it was 4.4 mmol/L [79 mg/dl] (half of my normal reading). Later that night I had a fitful night's sleep, but when I checked my blood sugar it was only 3.1 mmol/L [56 mg/dl]. Could physical injury work to lower blood sugar levels? What else might have caused this?

Answer:

It is unlikely that a physical injury as you describe would lower blood glucose levels. I would go looking for some other cause with insulin, food, timing, activity, etc.