From Australia:

I am 13 years old, very underweight, and I do not have diabetes. However, all I eat every day is junk food (chocolate, chips, ice cream, etc.), so I'm wondering if people who are skinny can get type 2 diabetes because they eat too much fatty and sugary stuff. Can they get type 1?

Slim people are less at risk of developing type 2 diabetes, but it still occurs. However, there is no evidence that it's related to eating sweet foods.

Most people who develop type 1 are slim but, again, this is not related to what you eat. The cause is unknown but may be due to viruses and higher genetic risk.