Question:

From Woonsocket, Rhode Island, USA:

I just started on the insulin pump, and I was told to draw up the insulin in the reservoir when the vial is at room temperature. Should I put the vial back in the fridge after I've drawn up the insulin or leave it out at room temperature?

Answer:

I would put the insulin back in the refrigerator.

LSF

[Editor's comment: Insulin can kept at room temperature for up to a month after it is opened. Another suggestion would be to fill several reservoirs at a time. This would save having to load them for each cartridge change. However, the pre-filled reservoirs would have to be refrigerated and would probably be okay for about two weeks. SS]

DTQ-20021022112640A
Posted to Insulin and Insulin Pumps