Question:

From Garden Grove, California, USA:

I had to discontinue using my pump and go back to using the needle because, when I gave a bolus, it burned very badly. I called the pump manufacturer nurse today who has never heard of this and neither has my doctor.So now I am on 70/30 again, and my sugar is creeping back up.

Answer:

This could be some type of allergy. If you are using Humalog, try NovoLog or vice versa. All other kinds of Regular insulin would also be fine to try with the insulin pump to see if the same thing happens or not. Your physician may have some insulin samples to let you try. Also, it could be some allergy to something in the catheter, so you may want to try another brand of catheter to see if the same thing happens.

Posted to Insulin Pumps