From South Dakota, USA:

When I search your website, I see several areas which answer questions about how schools handle blood glucose testing, but I can never find anything on South Dakota schools. Do you know how I can get this information?

I would expect that the chief of the State Health Department or the school department in the State capitol has such information. You should discuss this with either the principal or the school nurse and see if they can provide you some information as well. The ADA and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation web sites as well as CWD websites have information about school regulations and laws, ideas how to proceed if you are getting the run-around or if you think that there is some discrimination against your child with diabetes. Parents must serve as the key advocate for their child's diabetes health in school.

Additional comments from David S. Holtzman, Esq.:

Another option is to contact the South Dakota Department of Education, Special Services Unit.

Posted to School and Daycare