From Taranaki, New Zealand:

My now 14 month old daughter was diagnosed at the age of 11 months when she was admitted to hospital with DKA [diabetic ketoacidosis]. Her first blood test results showed a normal for age haemoglobin level, but her ferritin and iron, and iron saturation levels were low, but anaemia has never been mentioned, presumably because her haemoglobin was normal. Should this issue be addressed? She is eating well, and I think she has a balanced diet including some meats and gravy made from meat juices. What other foods could help?

I agree that this is not a serious matter and her diet should be adequate to improve her indices.Her diabetes team may wish to check her in three months or so.

[Editor's comment: Hemoglobin (a test for anemia) is different from hemoglobin A1c (a laboratory test for diabetes control). WWQ]