From Ontario, Oregon, USA:

Within the last year, my 12 year old daughter has been seen by a pediatrician for stomach pain, muscle cramping, constipation, headaches, and general illness. With the blood tests they have done, they have picked up low blood glucose twice, along with trace to 3+ protein, in her urine, and, this last time, she had trace ketones. I was wondering if the low blood sugar, high protein, and ketones are tied together. What kind of doctor do we see?

Our pediatrician is setting up an appointment with a nephrologist just to make sure something else is not going on with the kidneys. She had a 24 hour urine six months ago, and kidney function was good. She also had a five-hour glucose tolerance test about six months ago, and that was fine also. Also the doctors have insisted that she is very dehydrated or not eating well. at least two of the times the with the low glucose and protein, I am sure she was not dehydrated, and was eating well. In fact, this last time she did not feel well, she commented on being very thirsty and eating more than usual.What can make the lab work look as though she is dehydrated? Can someone be dehydrated and be eating and drinking normally. I am very frustrated.

I doubt that diabetes is playing a role in any way with your daughter's current illness. The nephrologist appointment should help shed some light on the abnormal urine findings.