Question:

From Wakefield, Rhode Island, USA:

I'm a 58 year old female who has had type 2 diabetes for about 11 years, and a couple of months ago, I started experiencing a strange pain on the outside of my knee. it was a burning, tearing feeling, and my skin in that area was touch-sensitive. It seemed to ease off about a week ago, but after a couple of discomfort-free days, the pain is back with a vengeance. I have pain in the back of my knee and down the calf, and there's no comfortable position I can get in for relief. It keeps me awake at night and aches terribly when I walk.

Answer:

It could be neuropathy, but you need to have your physician check the leg out because it could also be from a problem in the knee joint.

Posted to Aches and Pains