From Florence, South Carolina, USA:

My three year old son, diagnosed with hypoglycemia, is currently being pricked 4-6 times a day for sugar and ketones. The endocrinologist. feels that he may have ketotic hypoglycemia. I always find hypoglycemia information under diabetes, but, at this point, my son does not have diabetes. I would like to find someone who has a child with this problem. I do not know if I am handling him properly when all research and treatment usually talks diabetes.

Hypoglycemia is an important complication of diabetes when the balance between injected insulin and food intake is out of alignment. That is why at a site like CWD there is a good deal of information on this theme.

In the case of your small son, I think that the endocrinologist's diagnosis of ketotic hypoglycemia is most probably correct. It is a fairly common problem in young children which may occur when there is carbohydrate deprivation for any of a number of reasons and glycogen stores are no longer able to maintain normal blood sugars and fat has to be metabolised for energy. However, there are other causes of hypoglycemia at this age including a number of genetic disturbances of organic and fatty acid metabolism in addition to some endocrine disorders.

This does mean that the final determination as to whether your small son really does have hypoglycemia. If so, its specific cause and its treatment need to be directed by a paediatric endocrinologist with the backing of an experienced dietitian and not just in cooperation with another internet connected parent.