From Moscow, Russia:

I am seven weeks pregnant, my hemoglobin A1c is 6.3%, and it's okay except I have had nausea and weakness, especially in the evening. I stayed in the hospital for week to treat this problem and felt much better, but after I returned to home I felt badly. What should I do now? I don't want return to hospital again!

This should be a problem that can be managed outside the hospital. If you are not eating regularly, then you need to check your blood sugars frequently to detect hypoglycemia. You may be better off eating several small meals throughout the day. In other words, always have some food in your stomach. Ask your doctor about medication to take for the nausea. There are several choices. Your symptoms should improve over the next few weeks.

Posted to Family Planning