From Rock Hill, South Carolina, USA:

I do not have a job and Medicaid does not pay for test strips or syringes. Is there any foundation or group I can turn to for help?

Someone has provided you with incorrect information. The South Carolina Medicaid program does supply all recipients using insulin with blood glucose monitors, strips and insulin syringes. However, recipients may be limited to certain brands of items or receiving the materials from only participating suppliers. I would suggest that you contact the Medicaid program directly at (888) 549-0820. Or you can visit their web site.

Additional comments from Shirley Goodman, diabetes nurse specialist:

Have you spoken with a social worker or benefits coordinator regarding your child's eligibility for state assistance for medical care? There are both State and Federal programs designed to help pay for medical cost, including syringes and testing strips, for children.