From Johnson City, Tennessee, USA:

I have PCOS, and my gynecologist put me on metformin to help me get pregnant and lose weight. Right now, he has me taking it only twice a day, but he only way I can keep losing weight on twice a day is if I eat a 1200 calorie diet. Success stories I have read say to take it three times daily. Should I be taking it more?

The adjustment of the metformin dose is based on tolerating the drug and efficacy. If you are tolerating the drug, you could talk to your doctor about increasing the dose. Do not make changes unless you speak with your physician first.

Posted to Pills for Diabetes