Question:

From Wisconsin, USA:

I have read many stories about toddlers being put on the insulin pump, and I want to put my three year old son on one. However, his current doctor won't do it until he is 10. Do you know what doctors or hospitals do put young children on the insulin pump?

Answer:

The trend towards putting younger children on insulin pumps is becoming more common among those that have expertise treating children with diabetes, and I have found it to be very successful in my practice. There is no way that I know of to find someone who is willing to explore this with you other than by making many phone calls to pediatric diabetologists and endocrinologists.

Posted to Insulin Pumps