From New London, Ohio, USA:

I am a 16 year old active girl who has had diabetes for almost two years, I weigh 120 pounds, and my doctor is telling me that I need to be eating more carbs. I eat about 10 every day, but she says that I should eat 15-16. I am very happy with what I eat and am not losing weight. She is also telling me that I should be counting things like cheese as carbs, but I have researched this and found nothing about carbohydrates in cheese. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Most cheeses are very low in carb content, but contain more protein and various amounts of fat, some of which can be converted to glucose (although to a lesser extent than carbs). I would say that if you are comfortable with your caloric and carb intake and are not losing weight and not experiencing hypoglycemic episodes, remain with your current meal plan.

There is nothing worse than telling someone that you must eat just for the sake of eating or for the sake of eating a predetermined amount of carbs. That is what dietitians are trying to steer their patients with diabetes away from -- a "one meal plan fits all" situation.