Question:

From Portsmouth, Ohio, USA:

I've had type 1 diabetes for 38 years, have been on an insulin pump for 22, and I have a lot of trouble with hypoglycemia unawareness. If I don't let the temperature get too high, can I use a paraffin wax bath on my feet at night? My feet are always cold, the skin on the bottoms and big toe is very thick and yellow from tinea infections if not treated, and I'm I'm looking for a way to soften the skin.

Answer:

My answer to your request is no. I could not endorse that knowing there is still the possibility that the wax could be too warm, you may not perceive the warmth, and you could do irreparable damage to your feet. I would suggest you seek the opinion of a podiatrist or foot care specialist who can work with you to find other preferable methods.