Question:

I would like to know if there are any resources for ready-made foods for people with diabetes. I know there are products available, but I was wondering if there was any company that prepared cooked foods such as soups, casseroles, etc.

Answer:

I am not aware of any, however, in our city there are places that prepare meals for people, and I would think that there would be someone out there that would do that as a service. It would be expensive. Many places are becoming much more aware of health needs and may be prepared to meet your needs. The closest to commercial prepared foods would be the frozen dinners with the food composition on the labels. Weight Watcher's, Smart Ones, Healthy Choice are a few to start with. Good luck with your search!

JM

DTQ-ONCEMDM20021126