From Midlands, England:

I have read some of the already posted questions and think that I may have type 2 diabetes, but I'm not sure. I have been told that my blood sugar was 154.3 mg/dl [8.6 mmol/L], but I don't feel that I have had any other symptoms. I have booked up to see my doctor and just would like to have some more information about what this means.

A fasting blood sugar level as high as 154.3 mg/dl [8.6 mmol/L], confirmed twice, might be indicative of diabetes. It is difficult to say whether it is typeá2 diabetes of slow onset Late-onset Autoimmune Diabetes of Adulthood (LADA). If your value was non fasting test then it's probably normal. Your doctor will be surely of great help in defining what this means.

[Editor's comment: See Classification and Diagnosis of Diabetes Guidelines. SS]