Question:

From England:

I am on the child/parent support group committee for Diabetes UK, and I am finding it harder and harder to make children, and their parents, aware that we are here for them, and to inform them of many of the activities we have open for children with diabetes. This is mainly because of the data protection act enforced to protect a patient's privacy. They can contact us, but I cannot get to find who they are! Could you offer any solutions or ideas of how I could get around this? I am getting so frustrated. There has to be a way that I can find these newly diagnosed children without breaking the data protection.

Answer:

Children with Diabetes hosts a mailing list for UK families, which you are welcome to join and recommend to families who contact you. People can sign up at: http://mail.castleweb.com:81/guest/RemoteListSummary/cwd_uk.

JSH