From Minnesota, USA:

I am having a hard time regulating my son's mid morning and lunch blood sugars. If his blood sugar is in range mid-morning, he runs quite low by lunch. In order for his lunch numbers to be okay, I have to let him run so high in the morning, even though he is getting no basal from He gets one unit per carb for breakfast, and I find it doesn't matter what he has eaten. I can get his 9:00 am or his lunch numbers numbers within range but not both. I hate to have him so high, but, on the other hand, I don't want him running so low at lunch. How can he drop so much in such a short time?

I would suggest decreasing his morning bolus and further adjusting his basal rate to meet his needs. I would also suggest that you review your son's blood sugars with his diabetes team. There are many considerations to make when adjusting insulin and the diabetes team will be your best resource to make those changes.