From Fletcher, Oklahoma, USA:

My son doesn't have to have noon shots unless blood sugar calls for it and I'll do that if need be, but his school personnel shake their heads about using the glucagon emergency kit for loss of consciousness and state they will not do it. At this point, they refuse to learn to give shots of any form. What is the law regarding the school giving emergency glucagon shots?

Use of Glucagon Emergency Kits by school been an issue in many schools and is very complicated since it is impacted by a variety of state statutes. A case in Virginia illustrates the problem very well. See Civil Rights Agreement Reached In Loudoun County School; Children with Diabetes Nationwide May Benefit. As you can see, this district went to a great deal of effort and finally got things changed. It did take a lot of time, persistence, legal help, and patience. I would continue to pursue getting things changed in your sons' school, but, in the meantime, come up with a plan that the school can live with and will insure your sons' safety.

Posted to School and Daycare