From Kent, Washington, USA:

I have had type 2 diabetes for less than two years, and I have frequent urination especially at night. Even though I try not to drink liquids after 6:00 pm, I' m still anywhere from three to six times a night. They put me on oxybutin two weeks ago, but it doesn't work, and my blood sugars are usually around 140 mg/dl [7.8 mmol/L] when I wake up.

Please make sure your blood sugars are not elevated at bedtime for it is at that time, before bed, when glucose elevation will cause you to have frequent urination. In addition, I would discuss these symptoms with your physician. If high glucose levels are not the problem, it may be that you have difficulty emptying your bladder or have a bacterial infection causing the frequent urination.

Posted to Daily Care and Type 2