Question:

From Abingdon, Maryland, USA:

I have a diet product with sucralose as one of the main ingredients, have had nothing today except two drinks, and my blood sugar is very high. Is using the sucralose the same as using sugar? Will it cause blood sugar levels to rise?

Answer:

A beverage sweetened with Splenda (sucralose) should not affect blood sugars. Although it's made from sugar, your body does not break it down like table sugar. Sucralose is as safe to use as any other artificial sweetener, and actually there is less of an aftertaste associated with sucralose than the others.

JMS