Question:

From Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA:

I have diabetes and am interested in getting information on restaurants that list their nutritional data on the internet to assist me in determining what and how much I can eat. Are you aware of an informational data base like this or where I can get it?

Answer:

BD offers their Fast Food Guide online as a PDF file. This offers nutrtional information for many restaurants. The Food Finder web site lets you search for specific restaurants and foods. I also did a quick search at the McDonald's web site and found that they have nutritional information for all their foods online beginning at www.mcdonalds.com/countries/usa/food/index.html. Their complete nutritional breakdown card is online at as PDF file at McDonald's food nutrient breakdown. Other restaurants may also list their foods, but you'll need to search for them individually.

JSH

Additional comments from Hope Warshaw, MMSc, RD, CDE:

My book, Guide to Healthy Restaurant Eating has much of the nutrition you want. It also indicates the websites for each of the nearly 60 national chain restaurants and notes the ones that have nutrition information.

HW