From St. Paul, Minnesota, USA:

My five year old nephew is severely overweight has always been a big boy, but I also noticed that he drinks a lot of water and asks for it about every half an hour. I have mentioned his weight to my sister, his mom, but she says that since they don't have insurance, they haven't seen a doctor. Could he have some type of diabetes? Are there any over-the-counter aids to help us determine this?

He could have diabetes and needs to be seen by his physician for a full screening history and physical examination as well as any testing that his physician deems appropriate. Using over-the-counter aids would be inappropriate.