From Flin Flon, Manitoba. Canada:

My six year old daughter's mood swings sway from being very happy to very upset in a short time. Things from there can escalate from a very minor situation to the biggest problem in the whole world. She can cry uncontrollably for quite awhile and then will complain about being so tired she needs to go to bed right now! I know from other experiences with her that she can be hungry, and she knows this also. My husband says "maybe it's just her being 6", but I know my child well enough to know when "she's being 6" to when it seems different. I try to watch foods.

For awhile I thought maybe it was food dyes, but it doesn't seem to be consistent. Sometimes she also complains of stomachaches. I have not taken her for a blood test yet, but will. I also am thinking about maybe an allergy test. It just seems more likely that it is not food dyes, but I suppose maybe something I'm not even looking at. Do these symptoms seem sugar related?

I would suggest reviewing your concerns with your pediatrician who can help direct you to any further testing that may be necessary.