Question:

From Newberg, Oregon, USA:

My father is on a state insurance plan and has not received any classes on how to manage his type 1 diabetes. He also has another interesting problem which complicates managing his diabetes. He cannot digest any food because his pancreas does not work at all. Do you know of any websites that would help to explain my father's condition? If you could send me any information or links that might help me to learn more about his condition I would really appreciate it.

Answer:

Rather than look for a website, I would recommend speaking with the Oregon Insurance Commission to determine if lack of access is in keeping with the laws of the state. Additionally, there are other advocate groups for diabetes within the state of Oregon that you may try. I do not know the situation in Oregon enough to comment further.