From Lake Charles,Louisiana, USA:

Sporadically, my heel gets a numb, tingly feeling that usually goes away after a short amount of time, and my blood glucose is usually normal when it happens. I'm not on a foot care program. Should I be? What could cause it? Should I elevate my foot?

You should make sure your diabetes team is aware of these symptoms. It could be something as simple as a bone heel spur or could be some nerve damage related to diabetes. If you are checking blood glucose levels and never find hypoglycemia at the time of these symptoms, then it is not likely hypoglycemia related. Sometimes other problems ( thyroid, adrenal, pernicious anemia, vitamin deficiencies) can also cause such intermittent symptoms. Go back to your diabetes team and get this all checked out.