Question:

From Edinburgh, Scotland:

I have had diabetes for almost four years, and while I have been told my management is very good, ever since I have been diagnosed I have had health anxiety problems. Every time I get ill, I get scared that it is something big bad and serious. I have seen the doctor loads of times and this has helped. I have been to anxiety groups and had a cognitive therapy course. This has helped, but I still get these anxieties.

The doctor was going to give me beta blockers but said these cannot be given to people with diabetes. Is there an alternative, or maybe a natural herbal solution?

Answer:

I am not aware of any herbal preparation that would be beneficial with your anxiety. It sounds like you have had contact with health professionals from the social sciences that have worked with you. There are anxiety-preventing drugs available, but you would have to work with a physician if you were to use them.

DTQ-20030106065919A
Posted to Behavior