Question:

From Potomac, Maryland, USA:

I am trying to find a program to load onto my Palm Pilot that will assist with carbohydrate counting. I know that you previously answered this question, but the reference link you gave does not currently function/exist. Do you know of any such carb counting program?

Answer:

Try again. There's no problem with the CarbCheck URL. Also check CalorieKing. CalorieKing Mobile Plus Edition for Palm OS, version 1.1.1, is a user-friendly software application that allows you to track your daily food intake and exercise. It works with the CalorieKing.com food nutrition database. It runs on Palm OS 3.3 or greater and lists for $29.95. CalorieKing Mobile Edition for PalmOS, version 1.6.2, is edited to contain the most common foods. All foods contain data for calories, fat, protein and carbohydrate. It runs on PalmOS 3.0 or greater and lists for $14.95. CalorieKing Mobile Edition for PocketPC, version 1.0.4, is edited to contain the most common foods. All foods contain data for calories, fat, protein and carbohydrate. It runs on Windows CE 3.0 or greater and lists for $14.95.

FireLogic Inc. in Arlington, Virginia, offers HealthEngage Diabetes 3.0.1 for Windows or Macintosh OS X. This program allows you to enter glucose readings, medication, insulin, exercise, meals, test results, and personal notes in one session. You can also plan and record meals or directly input carbohydrate intake in grams of carbs. You can add your own foods or use the 6,700 foods from the USDA Nutrient Database. Companion programs run on a Palm and PocketPC. The program with the Palm or PocketPC companion lists for $69.99 or for $59.99 without the companion program.

DM

Posted to Community Resources and Meal Planning, Food and Diet