Question:

From Decatur, Illinois, USA:

I'm 32 years old, I've had type 2 diabetes for four years, and I am starting a weight lifting program. Are there any benefits to using vitamin supplements? If so what kind of supplements would benefit me?

Answer:

The problem with vitamin supplements that may enhance your training is that they have not been tested with people with diabetes. We have so little information about their safety and efficacy as it is, and no information about how they would impact on blood sugar, etc. Because of this, I feel uncomfortable recommending any vitamin supplements.

JS

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations