Question:

From Pennsylvania, USA:

I pay child support for my 10 year old daughter who had some tests done (comprehensive metabolic panel, cortisone serum, growth hormone, insulin serum, T4 total, TSH and C-peptide), but her mom will not disclose the nature of her illness to me. Can you please tell me what illness she might have been being screened for?

Answer:

Those are general screening tests for multiple general and endocrine illnesses. It is impossible to draw any conclusions even about what condition is being tested without more information. I would suggest that you contact the physician who ordered the tests or the child's caregivers.