From Toronto, Ontario, Canada:

I have been using the same sharps disposal unit for seven years, and I know these are not to be opened. However, since the company I originally got this from discontinued it, I have been opening it, emptying the contents into a two liter plastic pop bottle and then disposing of the pop bottle. This unit sits on the back of the toilet and is very handy. Do you know where I might be able to get one of these, or a refill unit in my area?

I don't know where you can get that sharps container but I do know that BD (Becton-Dickinson) has improved their sharps container with a larger opening to accommodate pen needles. Maybe you should try one and see if it meets your needs.

[Editor's comment: See Syringes and Injection Products. SS]