From Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA:

I am familiar with the appropriate precautions related to the alcohol content of drinks such as Kahlua and the effects on blood sugar, but I can't determine how much sugar they contain, except that it seems to be a lot based on what it does to my blood sugar! I need to find the carb content of Kahlua, so that I can use it in cooking and mixing drinks. I have spent two days searching the INternet for the answer and have found nothing except people who want to sell me carb counting books that I don't really want. I would like to know the carb content for a variety of after dinner liqueurs.

When I have had to count the carbs in Kahlua, I have counted it as a liqueur, so 1 1/2 oz. (3 Tbsp) is about 1 carb or 15 grams.

Additional comments from Dr. Donough O'Brien:

1 fluid oz of Kahlua contains 11 grams of carbohydrate and 6.5 grams of alcohol. See CalorieKing.

Additional comments from Barb Schreiner, diabetes nurse specialist:

The FDA does not have authority to label alcohol, beer and liqueurs. That is the responsibility of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. Consequently, it is tough to find nutrition information on alcoholic beverages. However, the book Bowes & Church's Food values of portions commonly used (16th edition) by Jean Pennington does list creme de menthe. 1.5 ounces of creme de menthe has 186 calories and 20.8 grams of CHO, 0 protein, 0.1 grams fat.