Question:

From Hillsborough, New Jersey, USA:

I have anemia and have had hypoglycemia for a long while now, and I have always made sure to try to eat natural sugars to keep myself balanced. Within the past several weeks, I have gotten extremely tired and find myself falling asleep for no reason. I am making sure I sleep well enough at night too. I have been keeping track of what I eat and trying to eat as healthy as I can. I have also made sure I'm taking my iron pills.

I have found myself urinating a lot more than usual, and I am constantly thirsty and often hungry as well. I have gained about 15 pounds rather suddenly within the past month or so. Is it possible for my problems to have turned to diabetes, and I just don't know? Should I have my sugar checked out?

Answer:

Yes, I would suggest you have it checked. The symptoms of frequent urination, increased thirst, and blurring of vision are concerning symptoms. Hopefully, it will not be diabetes. You also need to see your physician about your other symptoms and make sure everything is being addressed.