Question:

From Vernon, British Columbia, Canada:

Have you observed any evidence of "glyconutrients" helping stabilize people with type 1 diabetes blood sugars? I recently received some information on the benefits of glycoscience for diabetics but I am not convinced that it may be of help for my daughter.

Answer:

I suspect this is all bogus science without much merit. If you can research the actual peer reviewed scientific reports and determine if it was done scientifically with rationale research design and with sufficient scientific power to answer questions posed, this would be worth discussing.

[Editor's comment: See "Dietary Supplements," Herbs, and Hormones at QuackWatch. The website glycoscience.com is part of Mannatech, a Multilevel Marketing company. PubMed has no references to articles mentioning "glyconutritionals" or "glycoscience" in conjunction with diabetes.

Caveat emptor -- "let the buyer beware". WWQ]

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations