From Export, Pennsylvania, USA:

I have discovered that when I mix my son's morning or nighttime Humalog with the NPH he seems to have higher sugar readings between meals and sometimes at the next meal. He seems to do consistently better when I use separate shots. I have mentioned this to my endocrinologist, but was told it shouldn't make any difference. I was reading something on your site that mentioned a "flattening of the Humalog absorption rate." Can you explain what this is and tell me if it coincides with my own findings?

It usually doesn't much matter if Humalog and NPH (or Lente) are mixed together and then injected immediately. However, it could be some of the two insulins change the absorption of the insulins.