From Huntsville, Alabama, USA:

I am grateful for your P-Balls recipe to prevent nocturnal hypoglycemia. It is helping, and I would like to recommend it to friends who are allergic to nuts. What else do you recommend they use instead of peanut butter?

You ask a very good question since peanut and nut allergies seem to be more prevalent nowadays. I would recommend you substitute a low fat cream cheese, since the peanut butter seems to act as a binder and a monounsaturated fat/protein source. You may not get as much protein -- 2.9 grams protein (cream cheese) versus 7.9 grams protein (peanut butter) per 2 tablespoons.

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Hypoglycemia