Question:

From Pennsylvania, USA:

I am a practicing pharmacist in a rural town. I have a customer who is dealing with a diabetic specialist for their 2 year old son. He seems to be a brittle type 1 diabetic with large changes in his blood sugar levels. He is taking several shots of insulin per day. They would like to know who they could go to in the state of Pennsylvania for a second opinion. Could you recommend any doctors that may be able to help them?

Answer:

Folks at the Children's Hospitals in your state have excellent pediatric diabetes programs with nurse educators, dietitians and pediatric endocrinologists specializing in diabetes. I would recommend these programs.