Question:

From Bowling Green, Ohio, USA:

Could you please give me a diabetic food plan for 1,200 calories?

Answer:

I recommend that you schedule an appointment to meet with a registered dietitian who specializes in diabetes meal planning. He/she can develop an individualized meal plan that will fit your eating times, likes/dislikes and assist with other medical problems you may have (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc).

Meal plans nowadays are much more individualized between the RD and the patient rather than based on a "preprinted meal plan". Ask your physician for a referral to an RD if necessary. Good luck!

JMS