From Liberty, Texas, USA:

I have diabetes. I suffer from boils from time to time, and I read that boils are sometimes related to diabetes. My two year old daughter gets boils, and sometimes just as one is healing another one appears. Can this be a symptom of diabetes or something else?

Boils and infections are not the usual symptoms of diabetes: increased thirst and urination often with weight loss are more classic, especially in someone with type 1 diabetes. If your toddler had diabetes, it most certainly would be type 1. That said, I doubt that your child has diabetes at present. And no doubt, poorly controlled diabetes can predispose to certain infections, including yeast infections and boils.

Perhaps your child has impetigo? This is a skin eruption of boils, usually due to the Staph germ. It is very infectious and requires meticulous attention to cleanliness, disinfection, good washing and non-sharing of wash cloths and towels. Your daughter's pediatrician can help make the right diagnosis and prescribe any special therapies.