From Deland, Florida, USA:

I am 56 years old, 60 pounds overweight, and I was told I have type 2 diabetes a week ago. About four months ago, I had 30% blockage in two arteries, developed high blood pressure, and had an ablation for premature ventricular contractions. A week later my hands and feet started itching. The itching has gone away, but my hands stay swollen and red. They also hurt, but not in the joints. Yesterday I noticed that if I hold hands in upright position the normal color comes back. At night my hands go numb. My feet and legs do not bother me. Do you think this swelling and redness has to do with diabetes?

Diabetes can result in a condition called neuropathy in which the nerves the innervate the hands and feet become affected and cause a sensation people describe as pins and needles sensations. You can also have carpal tunnel syndrome that causes numbness and weakness in the hands. Finally, there are a whole lot of other conditions than can cause a "peripheral neuropathy" where the nerves to the hands can give you sensations.

At this point, you need a physician who can work with you to sort all these things out. Diabetic neuropathy is a clinical diagnosis and a diagnosis of exclusion. The symptoms you describe are not characteristic, and you should have someone help you with this.