Question:

From Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada:

I was diagnosed just under three months ago, and since then I have gained a little extra weight that is unwanted. I am pretty active, I walk twice a day, but I still don't seem to lose this extra 15-20 pounds. Is there a diet I can go on?

Answer:

I recommend in light of your new diagnosis that you schedule an appointment with a registered dietitian who specializes in diabetes meal planning. He/she can develop an individualized meal plan to help you with weight loss, which in turn could improve your blood sugar control. Ask your physician if you need a referral.

JMS

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss